Labels

About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Just an insignificant addition to the world's population.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

55 Word Stories

The Wait


 

Totally bored, he glanced at his watch. He had been waiting for the train for nearly half an hour. He had decided he would not try the bus or any other transportation medium. Only the train should take him to his destination.


 

Then he heard the horn.


 

He prayed God and sat on the tracks.


 

Beautiful


 

Vineeth, a shy software engineer, met Rithika, a flamboyant software engineer in a code review session. He was the owner and she was the scribe. Butterflies flew everywhere.


 

He kneeled in front of her one fine day and she accepted the proposal. They got married two weeks later and developed code together happily ever after.


 

Tempoar


 

The assassin released the safety catch and pointed the gun at the victim's temple.


 

"Any thoughts before you die?" he asked.


 

"This is the third time you are asking that. For Chrissakes, kill me fast." The frustrated victim cried.


 

Next day there was a small news item in The Hindu. "Man found dead – cardiac arrest"


 

Racism


 

Indian New to the US: "One Bean Burrito and a medium Pepsi please"


 

Girl behind the counter in Taco Bell: "For here to go?"


 

Indian: "Excuse me?"


 

Girl: "For here to go sir?"


 

Indian(enraged): "Why should I go from here? I have an H1B and a valid I-94. I can stay here till July 2005."


 

War


 

The Indian soldier cautiously examined the enemy post. He could see someone inside. He silently went to the rear of the post, took aim and fired. The man inside collapsed in a heap. The soldier examined the man who opened his eyes and spoke, "I took the enemy soldier down before you came. Jai Hind!"


 

Faith


 

The man had never doubted the sincerity of his faithful wife. She however had some secrets that she intentionally hid from him. One day the man chanced upon a diary written by her.


 

"Tell me why you hid this from me" he asked her. She responded sadly – "Never knew you hated people who maintained diaries!"

1 comment:

Ravi Ramanuja said...

wow again!

I loved the first one, and the one about faith and the i94!