Neeku Nenu Naaku Nuvvu
After a hectic month in the office, I finally got a weekend free. And the result of a spur of the moment decision at 8:30pm, I decided to go to Jayaprada A/C near
I cannot possibly write this review in a coherent manner because I am in a totally confused state of a mind now. Let me try to gather my thoughts. There is Krishnam Raju. I guess he is an industrialist. His daughter elopes on the day of her marriage. Suman is her sweetheart. (Now where does this guy come from? Thought he had retired long ago.)
So a furious Krishnam Raju throws all photos of his daughter into the sacred fire, declares that his daughter has "chacchipoyindi" and decides to adopt Uday Kiran.
Well, everyone grows up. Uday Kiran does too. Now the heroine, (I don't remember who she is.) comes back from London(? Does it ring a bell?) and joins Uday Kiran's college. As per the good old Indian movie script, they quarrel, they tease and they fall in love. (How innovative! And you can't say a girl can't marry her uncle. Happens all the time in Andhra Pradesh as long it is the maternal uncle we are talking about.)
And lo! Surprise for everyone. This heroine (I still am not able to remember who she is. Perhaps I should get myself checked for Cerebral Thrombosis) turns out to be the daughter of you-know-who. (If you can't guess, you are not fit for viewing Telugu cinema) And this you-know-who is not alive anymore. Suman is still alive and kicking.
The rest of the movie deals with how Uday Kiran and Shriya (
All's well that end's well. If you are reminded of KKKG, Yaadein, DDLJ please rest assured that there are many in your rocking boat.
This emotionally charged movie should have been made in 1995. Now it looks too dated.
If you don't want to subject yourself to third degree Chinese torture, stay away from the flick.

No comments:
Post a Comment