Labels

About Me

My photo
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Just an insignificant addition to the world's population.

Friday, November 26, 2004

To Buy A Vehicle...

Aim in life at that moment: To buy a vehicle which is cheap but cost-effective.

"Oh sure sir! we are here to help you make a decision sir. Here we have Mitsubishi Lancer for just 850 thousands on-the-road sir. It is great deal you know! I am sure you know! that is why I didn't even talk about the cheap models like Fiat, Opel..."
"Tell me all about the cheap models like Fiat, Opel.. John"
"Uh-oh.. Oh sure why not! Here is Fiat Uno.. You know.. the best car in the world.. Just 600 thousand on-the-road! Though this is a premier model.."
"Wait.. You mean to say there is a not so premium model available?"
"Ah.. Yes sir! There certainly is Daewoo Matiz for 450 thousands but you know.. It is much better than Maruti's and things like that..."
"Oh.. I believe Maruthi is much cheaper!"
"Yes sir.. and you know.. I am sure you know.. Maruthi 800's and things like that don't even come close to these economical but fundoo cars."
"Tell me all about Maruthi 800 John"
"Hmm.. It is not a bad car sir! at 220 thousand on-the-road it is a damn good deal.. Better than the motorcycles of course!"
"Motorcycles?"
"No sir.. I was just comparing."
"Tell me all about the motorcycles John"
"Ah.. We have the best motorcycle here sir.. Damn cheap and very very robust.. Hero Honda CBZ .. just 65 thousand OTR sir.. I am sure you'll like this deal sir. Actually when this mobike was introduced the other bikes suffered a serious setback because they were not packed with as much energy and robustness as this one sir. Shall I write the invoice sir?"
"Wait John.. Are these other mobikes cheaper than CBZ?"
"Uh.. Yes sir..."
"Tell me all about the other mobikes John"
"Here is Splendor sir.. great buy! Only slightly costlier than CD100SS but has great looks you know. Just see it yourself."
"John! about CD100SS please!"
"Please make up your mind sir.. I don't think this is exactly a great decision making process."
"John! CD100SS.."
"It's a time tested model sir. Quite cheap and very efficient. But you know! It is for people who upgrade theirselves from a cycle.."
"Cycle?"
"Oh No sir.. no cycle.. I was just gibbering.. You know.. Hard day today and I missed my lunch."
"What kind of cycles do you have John?"
"Sir?"
"What kind of cycles do you have John?"
"Sir! We have this Atlas Moutain Bike sir.. 18 gears for easy operation sir.. Ideal for a mountain trip and is quite good on plain roads too sir. In fact at 7000 OTR it knocks off any other gear cycle sir. In fact you find the difference when you are going uphill sir and you won't repent the extra few thousands..."
"Wait John"
"I mean to say extra few bucks..."
"Wait John.."
"Yes sir"
"Do you have conventional bikes?"
"Yep sir I do!"
"Tell me all about the conventional bike John"
"Rally sir! The best cycle manufacturer in India sir. This is DA bike sir. Only 2500 Rs sir. I am sure you will like it sir."
"How about Hero cycles John?"
"Oh yes sir I forgot to specify that option sir. Sorry sir.. Hard day today and I missed my lunch sir."
"Come to the point John!"
"1500 bucks sir.. Basic cycle sir. Nice deal I guess sir. Better than walking sir."
"John!"
"Sir.. walking is free sir!"
"I will take the 1500 basic cycle John!"
"Okay Sir.. I will be more than happy to help you sir."
"And John.."
"Yes sir?"
"After helping me, please go and have your lunch. I think you badly need it."

And I rode my new bike with pride in Pogathota, India.

3 comments:

m. said...

hehe... nice one!

Anonymous said...

Nice one Playt

SkyLark said...

Nice bargain(but not a bargain)..

Good one.